Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Devil Wore Blue Shorts


A new instructor hit my windshield to day it was Damien Vella. He looked extremely fit (why wouldn't he?) and seemed to be in the 25-34 year old age range. He produced an eclectic music mix, most of which I am not a fan of but it produced the results I wanted, an excellent 45 minute spin which was over in a blink. A series of uphill climbs with great resistance and brief respites of low gear high speed flushing of the legs. I thoroughly enjoy that flat road after a tortuous uphill with increasing resistance.

 Damien had me thinking of The Omen with Gregory Peck and a tiny little evil boy that jettisoned his mother over the upstairs railing when she failed to do his bidding. I am not trying to infer that this Damien was anything like that one, but let's give it time before we dismiss that idea. I have a feeling that once we get to know him he will be a great taskmaster just like Kristen, I mean Evil Woman and The Blue Sapphire, Carolyn Mellace are. Damien will be seen here 3 times a week starting in August. Check him out especially when the CS is overflowing on the weekends with the other Equinox stars.



4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to take Damian's class! Add him on to the list of all stars as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was really apparent to me was that I could hear him above the music. Some times instructors cannot compete with the sounds and you can miss some of the great things they are saying. Damien does not have that problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS JACK SPREAD THE WORD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damien I think that you have a lot of talent and I know that Carolyn (The Blue Sapphire) and Kristen (Evil Woman) think so too!

    ReplyDelete