Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, July 12, 2010

KTRX


The newest phenomena at Equinox Woodbury. The inaugural Noon session with Kristen starts today. And I was not taking chances that I would be left out of this party. I brought my stepson in for a weeks guest membership and let me say that this young man is in monster shape. We often have shared the basement in the past as I have watched his metamorphosis in his constantly changing, increasingly challenging workout regimen. When I told him about TRX he was anxious to sample what group exercise is all about. He will be challenged I am sure because the Evil Woman will flatten the uninitiated.

It was 67 minutes before class when I arrived and I was second on line and as I sit here with 20 minutes before signup 15 are here already. This is just the beginning and I know the same wait for KSC will be the fate for KTRX. Yes that is my new acronym: KTRX. What is in store for us I can only guess but I am sure that my upper half will be in bed tonight suffering like my lower half did when I started KSC in February.

I can report that this initial class was FANTASTIC with a capital F. Kristen had two trainers in the Main Studio monitoring our class progress including a diminutive but nonetheless power packed young woman named Bianca, who was extraordinarily helpful. I stumbled mightily on the ab portion of the workout and my core froze up like a Dairy Queen sundae. All in all though, exciting and I cannot wait, cannot wait to incorporate this as part of my exercise regimen alongside my spinning one. A new phenomenon is born: KTRX.

No comments:

Post a Comment