Kristen's Spin Class

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

TRX II


Another battle royale with my body will take place again at the noon hour today. Last week left me virtually crippled until I was able to achieve some relief in the CS the next day which seemed to alleviate the build up of lactic acid in my legs. Another line again for TRX and I thought the noon hour would not be as trafficked as Kristen's spin classes are, but the Kristen devotees were out in full force for this version of the Master Motivator.



One of the women on the real world line for TRX gave me the inspiration for this post because she was feeling some joint stress in her first session. As we get older we need oil for those creaking joints. Dorothy and the Scarecrow have a permanent job with me because I never seem to be as flexible as I would like to be. However, I don't give much time to stretching and really taking care of my infrastructure as I know I could be. Although I do more stretching now than I ever have but it's simply not enough.

The second class was more rewarding than my first foray and being the lone man didn't seem to bother me too much. One of the women in my triad commented: Well there's no mistaking what your name is. Kristen handles TRX like she does her spin classes, expertly. I love her patience and as beginners she is taking her time as we gain experience in this new form of group exercise.

What does come to mind with these flexible straps is a feeling of being suspended between heaven and earth. I love how I can deepen the stretches like the figure four and and lower back. I almost feel like I've joined the circus and might be invited to join a high wire act when my training is completed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment