Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, July 23, 2010

The Jewelry Box


If I asked the women of spin about what’s in their jewelry box I bet there would be many stories attached to each piece. And if I asked them is there  a piece of jewelry in that box that they don’t wear very often because it might be suitable for a different situation or a different day?  I feel rather certain there are pieces that just don’t get worn for one reason or another. And if I asked the men about maybe their watch collection for instance , is there one watch that sits there unused but still admired?  This is what I thought of today while spinning with Maureen Gallagher. She was here when I got here in April of 2003. Always present as a trainer and very active in group exercise. She was just there in my mind.  I have known Mo since the beginning. I have trained with others like Nicole and Randy but both have left Equinox some time ago. But Mo still there. When I started spinning I gravitated towards Kristen because she was prominent in the club and  she was Group Fitness Manager.  And of course I have chronicled my experiences in this blog with much relish and plenty of garnish.  
But back to my inspiration of what I felt today in spin class. I thought I had signed up to spin with Damian, that new young man but instead there was Maureen.  And I have to tell you if there is a piece of jewelry  ladies that you have forsaken in your jewelry box and boys if you have not worn that watch the one in the corner for quite a spell try them on again. And you will find like I did Maureen Gallagher  might have been overlooked but, she is a treasure in this club and I will certainly pay more attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment