Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, July 30, 2010

It's No S.O.P.E.


Back in the saddle again. I think that was Gene Autry’s signature song, and it  has been almost a week since I have taken a KSC and for one reason of another I just kept missing her time slot. And It was sweet  of our leader to ask  yesterday; when I was coming back to her class again.  Hold on thar,  Baba Looey, I  have never forgotten that KSC is the root of my rejuvenation, not only physically but in the desire that arises within me each morning as the summer dawn gently lifts my eyelids from my somnolent state. Oh God Jack that description is way over the top and my editor and intuitive would spank me for it.  I have to make sure that I don’t luxuriate too much in my garden of words. 
Today we were treated to a scientific explanation to S.O.P.E. The scale of perceived exertion. I didn’t know that they had a measurement for how hard I am breaking my ass but behold they do!  
Today’s session was an exemplary one even though I hate most of the music. There I said it I hate the music. However, I only need the rhythm of the road for me to have an effective pentametric to my ride and there is plenty of that even though the lyrics leave me tone deaf. However Kristen leaked to me that she was going to play a song for me tomorrow and so I am postponing my open heart surgery and I will be there. Gee could it be Erasure or even New Order?  Chains of Love or Bizarre Love Triangle? A five minute stint in heaven awaits me on Saturday. 

Post Script

Bianca Lupo, a true delight in personality and form.  She is a 100 watt bulb in 40 watt world. Because of my age I suppose young women give me the same feeling as my step daughters do. It is the unique emotion in a man called paternalism. Some men might exclaim: “Yeah right” but for me it is genuine and it feels so damn good to be able to separate how you feel about a young woman and your romantic interests in life. 
I got off track there because I wanted to write about this diminutive star whose countenance is lit with the ease of pulling a chain.  She was very instructive in my complimentary session of TRX and enhanced my resolve to take more sessions with her as an adjunct  to the hour long group sessions that Kristen, Maureen and Lori hold during the week. In any case, I highly recommend Bianca Lupo, she knows her stuff and in even the trying moments of her workout  the sets seem to have plenty of sugar coating to make the medicine go down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment