Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, July 16, 2010

The Numerator and the Denominator

Ordinarily these two words mean the top of the fraction and the bottom of the fraction. I however have a different allegory for these two words. The common denominator for all of us in KSC is we are all looking to either stay in shape, get in shape or get in even better shape. It's an even number because oddly enough we are all different.

The numerator signifies what spinning means to each and every one of us personally. I have these past 6 months told you that KSC is formulaic in it's Zen like philosophy and very much a parallel of a well known 12 step program. Because of this, my numerator is; that the athlete in me has been reborn. I thought that I was retiring into middle age, even though I have been an active member of Equinox since its' inception here , but nonetheless I felt that any idea that I was still an athlete was just a file in my memory banks, something stored in my documents file.

This past ½ year has proven not only could I restart the athlete in me but I could actually feel like I was approaching fitness. Not fit mind you, because I think there is always room to improve no matter what our age is or our experience.

I took TRX this past week and I was sure that the next day I wouldn't be able to lift my gym bag but it was my legs that were crippled. I was depressed I have to tell you even though I knew I was using different muscles it still felt like I wasn't making progress. However I found that spinning the very next day flushed out my legs and I could actually walk again. I need a formula and I asked Don today what he does and he simply said that he takes “her” classes. Of course the “her” is Kristen and that made total sense. I think for the time being I have settled on TRX and KSC and her supporting cast of stars as my way to achieve the level of fitness befitting the athlete in me.



No comments:

Post a Comment