Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, January 3, 2011

Young Atlas


It has been a rough road these past two weeks. No the holidays were grand in so many ways but the fact that I had to deal with influenza (for lack of a better word) made what was a festive time somewhat muted. In terms of my spin rotation, it was severely affected. I frankly had no impetus, no desire to get out of my warm bed when ordinarily I fly out of it in the pre dawn darkness.  All that changed quite suddenly when somewhere about mid-afternoon today, I became nonsensical and wired. My wife asked me if I had taken a 5-hour energy, but no I told her it was just my mojo returning without so much as a warning. Nonetheless I am glad as it landed just in time for a 4:30 spin with Young Atlas.  

Damian is a like a chrysalis that has emerged into a budding superstar taking his place in the extraordinary lineup of Woodbury masters.  He announced his new schedule for 2011 and I think it now includes 14 classes a week between Woodbury and the two sister clubs of Roslyn and Great Neck. A Herculean task for Young Atlas but I think he has the physiology and strength to pull it off quite handedly.  

Today I felt like a car that has been parked too long in the garage and has not been turned over.  And as I started my ignition, a huge puff back of black smoke stalled my return to form. Thankfully about mid session my exhaust was clear and my plugs were firing white-hot.  

Young Atlas, I am so tempted to call him a kid as he is half my age but here is a young man up to the challenge and only to shine brighter as the year waxes on.   


1 comment:

  1. he is certainly an animal!! his classes always kick my a@#!!

    d

    ReplyDelete