Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, January 10, 2011

My Third Space


At about ¾ way through this morning’s KSC, Kristen asked Sharon if she could make the announcement that they had found a donor for her husband. It was then that Kristen dedicated her ride to her.  It was a great way to start the week on a joyous moment for one of our fellow riders.

I have been here since inception in April 2003 and I was always a devoted member. My assistant at the time scolded me that I was spending entirely too much time here.  I always felt it was experiential when I walked through those glass doors, but with the current staff the gym has taken on the new dimension of being my 3rd space. Louis Cohen coined that phrase for me and it is an apt description.  I have seen so many managers come and go but none have changed the environs more than Peter and Jared have. They may have to follow what the “Mother Ship” tells them to do but they are not “Yes Men”. They take every suggestion and if it sounds reasonable they will buck corporate and get it done.  

My new friend Cindy is yet another gem in KSC. She takes spin seriously but never herself too seriously. She is pure pleasure to be near whether it’s on line or next to in an adjacent bike always with a smile and a kind word for everyone.  There are others and they will see their names here because I am not bashful even if I get a little maudlin about my classmates. 

P.S.
I wanted to add a post script today. On Sunday I slipped in the shower  and landed on my head. It was Jared, Kenneth and Louis that made me feel they truly cared and one member who threw a towel over my body as I lay prostate until aid arrived. Just what I would expect here and I thank you one and all. 








No comments:

Post a Comment