Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Miss Thing


I was always hesitant to place a moniker on Kristen like I have with others like Tripp, (Svengali) Carolyn (The Blue Sapphire) or Cathy Munzer Stone (The Heart of Stone). Eventually though I capitulated when I decided The Evil Woman captured her ferocious enthusiasm about this sport of spinning. Then I was casually confabbing with Pam Polestino on Friday, while she was digging deep on the elliptical. I was cajoling her to take over Tripp’s classes while he’s away scaling Mount Washington in two weeks. And she replied matter of factly that she would check with, “Miss Thing”. I must have a had a look of incredulity on my face as I said, “Who?” And she said Kristen. Miss Thing? I retorted.  Yes she said, Miss Sexy Thing.  Hmmm. Well of course she’s that but I never thought of that as a nickname but okay, Miss Sexy Thing. I have to try that on for size. It must have been an inside joke but the cork is out of the bottle now. 

For the most part during the week getting into KSC has been doable if of course you have the discipline to play with the cursor and refresh button as the clock hits the magic second. However, the Saturday edition of KSC is just as it was with the old CS, gone in virtually one blink of the eye.  I can live with it obviously because if you want something you go for it. 

Saturday with The Evil Woman or Miss Sexy Thing, take your pick was another stellar outing. And I love this front row thing and it’s contrary thinking because you would think we would be under much more scrutiny but NO, she is looking in the back rows scanning for fakers.  She is on a hunt sniffing out for them. I know what whiskey smells like but I don’t know how the olfactory nerve figures out what a faker smells like.  I would think it’s similar to Hydrogen Sulfide, pretty nasty. But I can’t really imagine how anyone who is in this class just goes through the motions. It’s difficult enough to get in what would they be thinking? I don’t get it. 

Oh and what about the ticklish issue of the new club opening next week where they were offering trial one month memberships?  One third of the club supposedly is auditioning the new space.  But just like flood tide, ebb tide will be on Lifetime as it scrambles to keep the members they “think” they have. It’s true it’s a new place, larger but where is the talent going to come from? At least for a month or so getting into KSC will give me the luxury of 6 seconds as I scurry with my nervous fingers booking a bike. I have been here since day 1 and as I have told you all this is my 3rd space and I can’t go, I love it too much here. Sorry Lifetime. Oh and this is not a paid advertisement. 

Kristen you know I am a sexagenarian on the 26th and I am in supplication that you will play a song for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment