Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, January 31, 2011

Corso Unplugged


This Monday morning it was time to re enter the Corso Zone. Michelle took us on a ride for the ages and if it were not for KSC my training today would have missed her strategy. In the past in Michelle’s class I would spend most of the hour just trying to catch my breath because I just could not keep up with the level I perceived Michelle had in mind.

 I had the inspiration to ask just what that strategy was and at the end of the session she said that when she sees us moving our level of performance up she raise the bar as well. It all made sense after all because the goal of spin is to increase the fitness level and for me that means fat burning as well. My Iron Man friend told me about a year ago that you couldn’t lose weight spinning. My expert was so off the mark because I don’t recognize that man in the mirror from the one I saw one year ago. 

About ten minutes into the session the electricity (the high priestess of false security) failed. The music stopped and Michelle was unplugged. Corso did not miss a beat even though the percussion was gone. She improvised instantly and the naked CS was held firmly in place by the professional she is. It wasn’t long and we were back to the regular choreography but it was indeed telling to see how Michelle handled it and it was a stellar performance. 

Michelle said she had a fever and she apologized for not riding the whole ride with us. Gee she’s sick and she’s apologizing to us. What dedication I thought, would I get out of bed with a fever? I don’t think so but Michelle  is a breed apart.  I loved it seeing her walk around because it gave me a deeper appreciation of her brand of spin and I told her so. I forgot my CSI shirt today; I won’t next time Ms. Corso. 

4 comments:

  1. Obligation trumps personal discomfort

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not obligation it is commitment. Michelle is always true to her obligations but it is her commitment that gives us the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an inspirational class...Michelle is awesome...Jack get in touch with PC (The Matrix).

    ReplyDelete