Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, January 21, 2011

Amongst So Many, Yet So Alone


To say that this edition of KSC was the most strenuous I have ever experienced would be an understatement. Yes, yes I have said similar things in earlier publications but my own proof was my HR monitor showing a full 10 bpm higher than I have recorded in the last month. Now I may have been too long in the anaerobic zone and defeated my own goal of fat burning but it did prove that I was able to break through to a pedal stroke I thought I was incapable of. 

Having said that, The Evil Woman on Thursday was the most serious I have seen her since my first session last February 1. The specificity in her instruction was illuminating because for the first time I made the connection that I was spinning without a plan. That’s all changed and after a few words with “Evil” at the end of the session it seems that her instruction is going to take a vastly different turn in the days, weeks and months to come. I will keep mum on this subject and let it unfold the way she wants it to. Suffice it to say that I am excited at the prospect because it will add even more flavor to an exercise regimen I have become devoted to like I did when my existence was predicated on long distance racing in the 70’s and 80’s.  

Amongst so many, yet so alone. This quote had me reeling just a bit even though I know it’s true it made me feel isolated for a moment. But that soon passed because I am so connected to the energy field in the CS and because of that I am never alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment