Kristen's Spin Class

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Love Your Life


Relative to the last two weeks I am feeling tremendous. I still have that cough albeit intermittently.  My energy levels are near 100% again and the lethargy that I always fear has run and hid under the bed again at least until the foreseeable future. 

A KSC in Roslyn today and in the darkened studio The Evil Woman was in peak form after her most deserved vacation. I spied her later in the office with Pam and got to exchange some small talk. And both fitness gurus who I really admire, looked stunning head to foot.  I didn’t really see their feet but I imagine they look good too.

When Kristen played her favorite ‘road’, Love Your Life the song resonated from my fingertips to the heart of my solar plexus and I knew right then that was the title for today’s post.  It reverberated on so many levels; let me try a few. 

It’s starts with where we are right here, right now. Leave it to a spin class with the Queen of Spin to bring out why I love my life clearly into focus. When you take care of your body inside and out it’s the first step in loving your life.  And in a way it’s a cinch that if you are fit or approaching fitness you feel good about yourself. Isn’t that what we all want?

And if you feel good about yourself, you’re ready to receive others on their own terms because you are secure with yourself. It makes for a more harmonious life when you are not trying to transfer your frustrations or even your will upon others.  It is true freedom because what I have discovered is that when I love my life I don’t have to worry about what other people think about me.  It’s frankly none of my business. That in turn helps me love unconditionally and the world is much less complicated when our expectations of what others should do or say becomes moot because we are trying to do the next right thing.  

The Zen of loving my life burns no calories but brings me afflatus every day for all of my writing. It is the spoken word that brings me the ability to hear the universe calling my name and making me a channel to talk about the people I write about and have learned to love.  How can I be more successful than to transfer feelings that I have that you all can identify with on some level? I love this commission and I love my life indeed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment