Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Embedded Innuendos


I came in early for the 14 most wanted bikes and there was Nancy K in a seat she never occupies.  I was stunned to see her first on line for the 8:30 KSC.  Nancy has perfected the computer entry system of booking a bike, but 26 hours before as is her custom fell down on her usual ritual and found herself on the “losers” line.  That was not in anyway arrogant because she was including herself on that list. In fact Lisa Collins text messaged her chiding her for having to wait with the rank and file.  Nancy, always personable and gregarious but somewhat reserved was a figure of fun and most loquacious and offered her own take on relationships and how enduring ones take a concerted effort and just don’t run without well timed additions of oil. She added that spin class is enigmatic in that we all work out together but outside of our small circles no one talks to each other. Of course this has changed dramatically at least in the last year I have been spinning.  

Kristen will on occasion carry on personal conversations laden with content directed at different people in the room even though everyone can hear her words. They are transliminal in nature.   It’s just that some of her dialogue carries a higher degree of intimacy with people that are close to her. I think it is her way of sharing and often her cupid arrows hit the intended mark. 

Evil Woman had so many embedded innuendos today and there was one beauty and I will simply quote it.  “You’re not going to go soft on me now, are you?”  I had another of my own but when I tested it on Mary McCann she looked incredulously at me and said: “Don’t say that” and so I won’t because the last thing I want to do is get in trouble like I did in Tripp’s class when an innocent title had many women in an uproar.  So I won’t risk offending even one of you.  

Just a word about this class, it was my 200th spin with Kristen and it was by far the most exciting I have ever taken with her. Her energy broke the dial today and her usual interpersonal ‘touches’ had just a bit more condiment sprinkled in for a flavor that was most satisfying. She took me to a level I could not have dreamed of 11 months ago. 

P.S.
This writer becomes a sexagenarian on January 26, so if you read me please help me on and off the bike from that day forward and Kristen I wonder if you might consider playing a song for me on that day. Oh a sexagenarian is a great term whereby I get to say the word ‘sex’ and can get away with it. 



4 comments:

  1. You're such a Naughty Boy Jack ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am naughty and I kissed a girl too and I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen was unfiltered in this specific class. It seems that the more excited she is during the hour ride the more unfiltered her comments and encouragement! love her or leave her! like her or not she is in a category as an ENTER TRAINER that has the most rarefied air! Hard to breathe in that stratosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love her! Even on her worst day she is extraordinary! But you are right today out of the many classes I have taken with her she topped herself yet again.

    ReplyDelete