Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, January 28, 2011

Days Like This


It’s a long way to Tipperary but I didn’t think it would be far to KSC this past Wednesday morning. I had all the time in the world but when I saw the traffic on Jericho Turnpike my heart sank. All this preparation to make my birthday spin in The Evil Woman’s class looked as if they would be dashed. 

I finally got to the parking lot and as I scurried in to change I looked at the clock and it was ten minutes into class time. I rumbled up the stairs and as I opened the glass door I saw that #3 was still open. Kristen said: We’ve been waiting for you! It gave me chills. Imagine that, a 60-year-old man excited to get to his exercise bike. But make no mistake about it I was. I had brought my walking stick in for effect and KG before long had it banished to the outside corridor. 

Kristen informing the class it was my birthday several times then  asked not to be blamed for some of the musical selections she had picked out for me.  She played the Killers and two of my all time favorite songs: Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order and Chains of Love by Erasure.  These two songs are indelibly etched in the psyche of my romantic soul.  So it was no wonder my heart was pounding and on fire. 

I know that this entry was all about me, but please know in your hearts that without you days like this would never exist in my new lifetime.  The stick may indeed be getting shorter but I am determined to take it one day at a time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment