Kristen's Spin Class

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tiny Humans


It was yet another Sunday and I silently assented to yours truly that I was going to just take it a little bit easier. I seem to be telling myself this a lot only to be foiled by my own motivation inside and those damn talented spin instructors that I frequent at Woodbury Equinox. 

The Blue Sapphire, Carolyn Mellace is a multi talented woman with an indomitable spirit packed in what looks to be less than a 100 lb. physiology. I have had a spirited time in each and every class I have attended with her.  And with those patented flashing whites of her eyes that light up like beacons on a foggy night she brings out in me the effort I want to keep lodged in my back pocket. 

I had taken the free look at the club down the street called Lifetime. I visited on their opening night several weeks ago and as I have written the club is very impressive. Impressive when there are no children present that is. As I closed out my trial membership with nary a workout I witnessed what I would never be able to live with and that is tiny humans. There were just too many for this ‘old man’.  I like to learn new tricks but not that one.  And by all means if you want to move to a city like atmosphere where kids run into you and don’t say excuse me have a good trip. For me I will stick and stay because for me right here is  my third space. 

4 comments:

  1. ZB appreciates the tiny human reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many of the escaped inmates are returning to their more natural habitat at EQUINOX. They are welcomed back by the administration as well as the other inmates. Lifetime is an excellent concept but not really a competitor (other than proximity) to Equinox. Two different brands offering two different experiences. Lifetime is a community center only the kids have yet to learn respect, discipline or how to behave. that is why their parents just DROP THEM OFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was talking to Peter just yesterday who is a returnee and he is so glad he is back. Gloria's impression of Lifetime was that it would end up being a place that would be overrun with kids. Her premonition was quite correct.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have you back with us! Great job today in class!
    BS

    ReplyDelete