Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Second Honeymoon


Ever have one of those?  I am not talking about the romantic kind. I am talking about the ones we are afforded once in a blue moon to rekindle relationships that have for whatever reason become distant.  For example, the President usually gets one at the start of his term but rarely has a second one. But I had one with The Evil Woman. I started this whole “spin” lifestyle last February in her class and it’s been one helluva ride since.  However, about 6 months ago I pushed the envelope in one of my posts and a comment from Kristen had me literally crushed and I found myself in other spin classes with Tripp and other Equinox instructors and accidentally on purpose missed KSC. I got a grip and I built a bridge and got over my ego and came back to where “class” is perfection. It’s always new and it's always challenging.  This past week had me in KSC 5 days in a row and I remembered what I had chosen to forget, that I love her class.  

I am committed to talking more about the people in our class and get a little more personal about their lives  (of course with full disclosure). This morning, Debbie Jensen pulled out a picture before class today for me. It was an image of her handsome husband and four very beautiful children, two boys and two girls. However, there was just one problem. Debbie was in the picture too and she just looked out of place as if someone inserted a Victoria Secret model into the image. The PQ is SFG and it’s as if she was inserted as a stand in.  Debbie Jensen if you don’t know her, sidle up she is like sweetheart soap, very rare indeed.  

And my friend Gloria, engineer by profession is a young woman who I got to know over the last 6 months.  She is sharp witted, intuitive and methodical.  Gloria is fairly knew to spin and has been taking about 3 classes a week and if you knew of her challenging medical past you might say that it’s a wonder she’s here at all.  About 14 years ago she suffered a stroke at the tender age of 28 but somehow survived but then at age 33 developed Lupus and if you’re familiar with that disease you know that at times just getting out of bed is an event. But Gloria is committed to live her life fully and has taken up Pilates with Shelia and gets to the CS with regularity. She has inspired me because the things I take for granted I don’t anymore. She taught me about “The Spoons” an interesting story that I will post the link to so that you can get a little insight as to what Lupus is like firsthand. 

The week in KSC was like a renaissance for me and although it’s not quite a year for me in spin, it has changed my life as I have told you before. I truly love my spin and love my life.  

The “Spoon Theory” Link  

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory-written-by-christine-miserandino/




1 comment:

  1. TY JB!
    Excellent post!!!
    You are truly one of a kind!
    Much love-
    G.

    ReplyDelete