Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Top Ten



Okay and this is the final time I am going to say this in KSC. Yes I have said it before and no one will believe me when I say this here and now this class, on Saturday July 30th 2011 was the best class Kristen has ever gave in the now 18 months of my spinning career.  I have gone up to Kristen James on many occasion and told her that this was the best class only to be told: Come on, John.  Well and I say this without equivocation that this is #1. Now why do I say that now after a year and a half?

1. All my favorite spin mates were there today. Gloria, Ari and Lizzie, Coop, Cindy, St. Mary, Stacy and my new friend Deepak. 
2. I burned the most amounts of calories I have ever expended, 600 which is considerable based on the fact that I use beta-blockers that inhibit my HR. 
3. I was spinning next to Anastasia who along with KJ is IG*
4. Some of the discography I genuinely loved especially the first song, which felt so ethereal, as it started me ruminating about my changed life.  
5. I was so amped up today and my energy level would have broke that rectal thermometer my mother used to use on me when I was a kid. 
6. I finally felt like I could act up in Kristen’s class without fear of reprisal like I do with abandon in Tripp’s classes.  
7. Do you need more? I guess I need to get to 10 or 12 for it really to be considered #1. So for  #7, I got my HR up to 153 when it rarely gets beyond 135. 
8. I found that (and I have forgotten that I learned this before)   by taking down my resistance wheel, I felt a more even pedal stroke with less struggle than usual which makes the ride exhilarating. 
9. Kristen and I had our one on one eye contact where she talks and I listen. I love the attention from Ms. James because I am starved for attention and I am a dog. 
10. Finally I got up the nerve to ask Peter for a press pass to every spin class because I am the prince of social media in Equinox Woodbury.  

Which leads me to and this is not to influence Peter but next up is my special edition of KSC, which will feature an exclusive on Peter Rothermel our beloved GM. Please find a link from several years ago about this story, which I will break for you next week.  



3 comments:

  1. that first song was "drowning" by Armin Van Buuren featuring Laura V. (Avicii Mix)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avici I have heard of them and that song was tremendous Coop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, JB.... You ARE a dog!!

    And tell us, is Equinox FINALLY going to recognize
    that you boost their membership for FREE??

    ReplyDelete