Kristen's Spin Class

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Jump Jump


It feels like a month of Sundays since I had the privilege to spin with The Blue Sapphire, Carolyn Mellace and today true to her exquisite form it was like I never was away. She has it all: power, spunk, personality, charm, looks and a singular adroitness in her craft. And she only does this part time!  

She said she has been instructing for 20 years and started when she was 10 and although she meant it as a joke she doesn’t look much beyond what would be 30 years old. I have to get back in the saddle when she is up on Thursdays at 6 PM and Sundays in the summer at 9:15 because it is a fun ride and I am always in a triple pool of sweat beneath my bike so I know I have gotten a kick ass workout. The hour flies by and what I really love and we do not do, as much of in my other glorious classes is the “jumps”.  With the monitor active, I see that my HR jumps up significantly when she has us do them even when the resistance wheel is not that cranked up. She varies it to be right on the rhythm of the road of the particular song she has plated.  

She is flat out great and I have missed her call. Thank you Carolyn you truly are The Blue Sapphire.  

No comments:

Post a Comment