Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, July 11, 2011

Inspired Choreography


A fresh Monday had me twisted about some of my various permutations in my personal life but Kristen pulled me right out of that tailspin yet again.  It’s not often that I have a preoccupying thought once I pass through those glass doors, but today was an exception and I was lamenting that very fact as I jumped atop #3. Life on life’s terms was a mantra I would hear time and time again in my 12th step protocol but it’s not always possible to depersonalize life’s events because life is so personal.  

As I moved through the warm-up I could feel this monkey chattering in my ear but I felt my attention being brought back to the pedal stroke with each passing song on the ride.  I did notice that none were in the current Billboard Top 40 and as we reached midway Kristen lit my fire with a song that quite literally incinerated what had me so upset and I used that fuel of anger she has talked about in previous sessions. I was just like Pat Benatar: All Fired Up.    So glad because my day changed in that instant and I will not give up my power and let anyone make me feel the way they want me to. I eased my grip on the handlebars and I relaxed into the rhythm of the road.  

Motion creates emotion is what Tony Robbins used to claim in his live seminars and tapes and in spin class the motion is like a centrifuge and it takes the sediment of situations and puts it at the bottom of my test tube and I can see the clear course of action and leave fear, doubt and indecisiveness out of my equation.  

The choreography was for me so satisfying today and I had double inspiration in the personage of Kristen Gagne. 




No comments:

Post a Comment