Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, July 16, 2011

It Ain't Ringling Brothers


No popcorn, peanuts or cotton candy in this the center ring of Equinox. No jugglers, clowns, or high wire aerialists either. And no one would complain that the ringmaster, Kristen Gagne uses a holistic whip in this spinning circus. In fact when she makes the call for the next act we all head dutifully for the breathless zone. And today as ever it was no exception.  When we took off at 9:15 this morning the tough get going and the rest of the circus beyond the lavender palace walls are at parade rest* by comparison.  

Saturday KSC is fast becoming an iconic part of my week because there’s just something about being with her on the weekend. She seems more fanciful and maybe it’s just because it might be her favorite day and time for a brief respite after a long arduous  week.  For me it gives me a sense that I can go into Saturday in caloric deficit and that extra piece of salmon won’t find itself on my mid section. Yeah Jack who are you kidding salmon?  

Kristen has shared that each class has its own personality. Today however she said that different sections had their own synchronicity.  But  the back row, which in my opinion is a bunch of miscreants who skylark every chance, they get are almost a class unto themselves. I am not sure if it’s Harold or Don that lead the charge and  I used to think it was Don but even though Harold wasn’t there today I am beginning to think he needs to have his bike facing the window at least for a class or two.  

It ain’t Ringling Brothers and in this circus there is only one ring in this Big Top. 

A note to Kristen’s mom: She was naughty today. I think everybody caught it too. But she’s at the age of majority and there’s not much we can do.

  
* Parade Rest:  Standing at ease.




No comments:

Post a Comment