Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, February 6, 2012

Touching Kristen

By no stretch of the imagination do I have a lock on who are the best spin instructors outside my universe but today Lisa Sanford was touching Kristen.   I never compare because one it’s not fair and secondly no two-spin instructors are alike. One pro may inspire another   but in the end they develop their own unique style.  

So what was it about Lisa that made me think of Kristen? I think it was Thomas Dolby; she blinded me with science. Kristen gives us charisma and a MS in Exercise Physiology a perfect combination that makes her the draw that she is.  Lisa is obviously well schooled out of Palm Beach State. And what I did glean from my one class with her was a repertoire that was beautifully choreographed with a personality that would charm the oranges off the trees. 

I loved her jumps and they had a unique twist that had us moving fluidly with two speeds within each interval with breaks in between. And then with one selection she had us isolating which I really love because it slows you down and puts all the focus on our legs and it requires a huge amount of concentration and effort. Both elevate my HR about 10 beats higher and leave me breathless.  She’s sharp, charismatic and when she told us to close our eyes because we could imagine something more I felt she must have studied some Zen because it worked.  And just for the record I burned 100 calories more than any other ride down here in Fa-la-la. 

Lisa Sanford: another star in the Southern Sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment