Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, February 20, 2012

Duende


Click here if you want to hear me read this entry to you. You will be redirected to Vocaroo: Vocaroo Voice Message

No illusion here what you see, hear and feel are the genuine article when you step into Kristen’s Spin Class. It is a rare occasion that a newbie is in our midst and today there was a new man that took on the challenge of KSC. I am sure he wasn’t disappointed however the real question is will he be back? Only he can answer that query it’s not for anyone else to say.
I had the occasion to welcome a new member in the locker room today by telling him that he had exceeded the height restrictions at our club and after a good-natured opening line we began to chat it up by talking about my favorite pastime. He asked me was it Kristen James’s class I just came from? (He noticed my drenched physiology) I said yes and then he exclaimed isn’t that impossible to get into? Difficult I told him but certainly not impossible if you use the right application and your hand to eye coordination is similar to a pinball wizard.
On further discussion he thought he wasn’t up for such a daunting challenge. I told him that the level of difficulty was purely his own determination. The amount of resistance on the pedal stroke was completely in his control and unlike a group class no one will know how much effort you put forth except yourself. I further explained that you wouldn’t be taking the class to lollygag and that simply one’s own integrity would be the measure for how hard you worked. He thanked me and although spin is not for everyone if you want an exercise that has virtually no impact on your body, a great way to incinerate calories and be in a group and not exercise alone this was a great option. For years after I stopped the personal training here at EQ I exercised by myself and I have to tell you it was lonely. Now I don’t have such problems.
Figure out what a duende is? She’s blonde and 5’9’ and if you need more hints drop me a line.
Definition of DUENDE
: the power to attract through personal magnetism and charm



2 comments:

  1. This word I know it has a Spanish origin. I twas used to describe "Fairies" It was also used in the ever famous "Don Quixote"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well she's no fairy but she does inspire and has plenty of charisma. Yes you are right the Spanish derivation does refer to "fairies" but like so many words there are other derivations and this one struck me today as I scribed this KSC. But thank you for your comment it's not often someone says something here. I don't know why but again thanks.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete