Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fury


The sheer look of determination on her face made me think about a woman’s fury. And if looks could kill, the Evil Woman would have slain the 7th Army this morning in the 8:30.  I wasn’t sure what had her attention but I knew that whatever it was it was facing incineration in the next hour. Over the last week or two I have gotten used to pounding the pedal stroke more efficiently and my metabolic rate is on fire and today I consumed nearly 700 calories again. However there was one member I truly felt for today and that was Coop because while he was away he was not to be seen in any cardio endeavors by his own account and in the middle of the ride as I looked askance at him in the 2nd row, I could only imagine the devil of a time he was having getting back in sync.  

The last days of empty bikes this winter recess had me picking up a ride just before the half hour deadline and I found myself in Murderer’s Row, which is the front with David, Stacy and “Dirty Rotten” Cindy. Whenever my dexterity permits I always go for that first row for not only expediency in landing a bike but also that row virtually on top of Kristen is just expected to kick their own asses and with this lot I am assured of a great workout every single time.  

I am wondering if the bathing suit spin on Saturday is still on and besides being sexy I think Kristen is right on the mark about how we hold our posture when we’re half naked. I know that when I’m on the beach I hold my stomach in more and throw my shoulders back for the best wingspan I can exhibit. We will have to see I am not sure how much mileage this will get because after all someone might take it the wrong way including some of my readers.  

In the news:

 Next Thursday in the Lavender Palace at 9:45 EQ Woodbury will be featuring Daryl Gaines from Manhattan and if KJ is extolling his talent I think that we have to give this man a our attention and saddle up for him. Over the past two years we have been treated to outside talent that has been nothing short of stellar. To wit: Robert Sherman who still resonates with me more than a year later. So Mr. Gaines we look forward to your brand of spin and I am sure we will greet you will a full house.  


2 comments:

  1. You don't know anything about moderation do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moderation is for mediocre. I love to go full tilt at everything.

    ReplyDelete