Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Red Wheel



When I spin in someone else’s room I can take chances.  When I am in KSC the Evil Woman has every one of our moves drawn in blue in a perfect schematic with every inch caliper measured like an engineers blueprint.  This week without the guiding voice of our mercurial master I took the resistance wheel and pretended that it had only one direction: up.  With each passing interval I turned that red knob another ¼ turn to the right.  

My guide was Dr. Lori Podray with a look and physiology that belied her age and provided a perfect backdrop that gave me the leeway somewhat akin to spinning solo.  Her hand characterized by the lightest of touch yet a sweet urging to bring our HR up to 85%. Her instruction was more a function of her polite demeanor versus the stern hand of our beloved EW. However at rides end it was the same pool dipping drenched attire and small lake underneath my Johnny Q. Spinner that gave me some of the same satisfaction of our own Lavender Palace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment