Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Relentless



Although persistent is a synonym of relentless if we believe Merriam-Webster, the former hardly qualifies for the intensity that permeates us when we speak the word relentless. Relentless means you never give up just like persistence does but when you are relentless you don’t take no for an answer. Persistent only goes so far as when we’re told to stop. Relentless has no stop sign. Now that we’ve cleared that up how was spin class today Jack?

It was AWESOME!  Is that word used to excess? Well I never use it so I am excused. That was the brief version of how great this class was today. I hit a HR of 160 and burned a stunning 668 calories. Now that might not be high for some of you but the highest I have ever fired was 575 and my HR never went past 140. So for this physiology to display those numbers I knew two things. One I was putting forth a great effort and I think I can venture to say I am in shape. Doesn’t mean I can’t get better? No,  because I know I am only touching the tip of the iceberg.  

And for the first time in a long time I can say that KJ’s choreography was splendid. (At least for me it was) Okay, okay she did play the long version of Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order but that new song by Madonna was HOT as well.  Whatever it was I was like Pat Benatar: All Fired Up!  What about the energy in the Lavender Palace? If energy is measured in joules then it was just like a visible photon. What does that mean? I mean you could cut it with a knife.  I was so amped up and apologies to anyone’s ear drums. And most of you know I only act out in Tripper’s class but today, well I just couldn’t help myself.  



 Madonna: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cItHOl5LRWg

No comments:

Post a Comment