Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Double Take


As I write this maybe it was just a little too far I went today. Having broken through to a new HR (160) and caloric count burn this week in KSC I was up for another shot to eclipse it right away. Cutting to the chase I did by a modest amount but along about 50 minutes in to the 8 AM soiree I had the nascent thought that I might do a double take of KSC. Normally it’s not possible to secure a bike for the second class as it’s hard enough to book the first one but on a holiday week such as this a few odd bikes were open and at it I went. Let’s just say I don’t recommend this practice because if you really go all out there’s not much left in reservoir after the first hour.  

Kristen had a seamless mix just like a DJ today because for most of the first class there was no iPod three-second break between each music selection and the collage was fabulous on all counts. And except for the new Madonna song there were no repeats in the two classes, which shows you just how much prep the Evil Woman does for each class. There were intervals two in fact where I thought I could make it to the end of the set but I started to break down in my pedal stroke and had to back off just a bit and I was close to reverse peristalsis at least once too.  Not a pretty thought but no one can say I don’t go animal.  I might be stupid but I don’t do as Kristen says “mediocre”.  

And I have to tell you from the 4th row it’s a different ride as I feel much more intensity in the 1st and 2nd row than from the bleachers but that might just be what I am used to. I love being close as it has me All Fired Up when I’m front and center.  I joked with Don that the Queen is really coming along and she is starting to get the hang of how to teach this class. In all seriousness though KJ has taken her charisma and spiked it to another level and there’s no telling how high and how hard we can go in the days, weeks and months ahead.  

I had a dream about a year and a half ago and that was to take off my shirt in class in February of 2012 and today my friends I did. I told my friend Michele to close her eyes as I switched jerseys for the second ride and more important than strutting my stuff was that I am feeling comfortable in my own skin again and not being afraid to be half naked.  

Double Take, not for the faint of heart and mind.  

Ever hear this artist? She made on album in 1980. You might remember this song at least some of you might. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbK0wUFzBMI







No comments:

Post a Comment