Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, May 16, 2011

CROCKER! *


John Kocaj had us stretching our perseverance to the limit this afternoon. This the 3rd installment of Kocaj was the best edition of my short series with this seasoned group instructor. Although his mike still wasn’t working his voice was exceedingly clear over the choreography that never got too loud or took over his class. I love that because there should be no competition between voice and music. 

Johnny had us ramping up the resistance dial even when I thought he was surely going to tell us to take some off.  And after taking off yesterday and missing KSC in the morning I got back some of the propane for my fire that was flickering just a bit from a HR that hit 212 and a dead right leg that actually woke me from a sound sleep on Sunday night. I hate to admit it but there are just so many times a week that I can paint this bridge and expect it not to turn up rusty and so I have to cut back and take up knitting or maybe TRX.  

I find it amusing that most of us in the CS with the exception of yours truly are reluctant to “voice” themselves while spinning. For me when I feel that strong visceral buildup in my solar plexus that tells me my emotional heart is about to burst I have to explode.  Today I was imagining my middle stepdaughter, Heather in the studio and wishing she were there just to experience us and her stepfather in our firebrand version of spin. I know she belongs to Equinox in the city and the thought of her here one day in KSC or even Tripp’s class made my heart just pop out of my under armor. 

The unexpected happened today and somehow I have to fit another Equinox professional in my lineup and that’s John Kocaj. He had me screaming Crocker! By rides end. Nice job Johnny.  

* Bobby Crocker was played by Kevin Dobson in the TV series starring Telly Savalas: Kojak.
It ran from 173-1978. Telly would yell: CROCKER! whenever he had something important for Bobby to do.  




No comments:

Post a Comment