Kristen's Spin Class

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Rum Boogie


It was a beautiful Saturday not anything like some of the days we’ve had to endure this spring and so this Memorial Day weekend as sunny as it was outside I knew it would be wet inside in KSC. 
Not one song, not one could I remotely connect with.  That playlist would never make mine but her class is always worth every moment because I always kick my ass even if I hate Meat Loaf and the Runaway Train song, “Alive”. God even the lyrics suck. 
And this brings up my point about when you hear one of your favorite songs. Riders like me are so connected with certain selections of music that we have an emotional connection to.  When Evil played some of mine from the 80’s on my birthday, like New Order and Erasure my heart leapt out of my thoracic cavity. I was so out of breath that I lost the focus of my ride and it took several minutes for me to get back on that track that Meal Loaf was singing about. Nevertheless I love getting that internally generated adrenalin surge without any needle in sight.  I have all the drugs I need I have KSC and Svengali.  
My new favorite couples, Ari and Liz were in attendance today and those two must have something going on at least when they sign up for class because they are always next to one another. Did you think I was making some kind of sexual reference? Like Kristen on Thursday about Freak in the Sheets? No I was not but if you choose to have a dirty mind go right ahead if it makes you feel good. I remember posting something on my other blog about my wood being wet and there was hell to pay and the story had nothing to do with sex.  But just for the record I love French fries, donuts and sexual healing too. I love those new Newton cookies they make, ask me about them if you are a cookie fanatic. 






2 comments:

  1. JB, Please tell us about Newton cookies! Have you ever tried the Strawberry ones?? Not sure they still make them... It's been ages since I ate a cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are called Newton Fruit Thins. They are out of this world.

    ReplyDelete