Kristen's Spin Class

Monday, March 28, 2011

The Southpaw That’s Right Handed


It’s not often that I might find myself in the CS at 6:30 PM on a Monday. I am usually attending The Evil Woman’s morning toxic purge from the weekend. However, I was so depressed this morning that I could not shake the Leviathan at the foot of my bed and so I missed both chances for an AM spin. Soon the depression passed and as the day progressed I could feel the energy rising once again and knew that CSI or the Corso Spin Inspiration would give me the night sweats.  

Here was the Empress of Fitness dressed in a bright yellow top and black tights, her beautiful thick brown tresses tied at the back, looking rested back from her trip to Florida with one difference; she was not on the bike as is her wont. She managed her complete choreography standing and with great deftness conducted our every move painting the road ahead as if she was a graphic designer from a century prior. As I watched and listened, Michelle’s power side, her left brought me clarity and an effort that was my best to date from this superior artist. 

I asked Michelle at the end of the session if she was indeed left-handed and I was surprised to hear her say no. But she did say that with four babies it was her custom to carry them all on her left side and managed her dexterous chores with her right. Her power side was her left but this southpaw was right handed. 

Michelle Corso, you know I love CSI as one of the most challenging cycles of my continued training. Thank you Michelle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment