Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

CSI: The Gazelle


CSI: Michelle Corso in the 6 AM edition Wednesday morning. I arrived a little late but it mattered little in the scheme of things because I knew I would never catch the gazelle but I could mimic her pedal stroke. And with the lesson I learned from John Victor last week I quickly adapted the resistance wheel to the whirring cadence that is Michelle.   It is very hard not to notice the magnificence of the Corso machinery mostly because you simply get transfixed at her sinewy form that pulses like an open heart beating, beating. 

I am finally starting to  listen to her science as well. She has tremendous specificity in her sessions and nothing; nothing is done without purpose or in perfunctory fashion. She has a plan but she takes the pulse of the room on the fly. She pays attention to what and how we are doing in the Lavender Palace.  I never thought that an instructor would adapt their plan based on what she saw in our energy but Corso does and that is why her professionalism never ceases to amaze me. 

As I looked into the Main Studio I saw my friend PC and he was on the elliptical and I thought to myself, why? He is a devotee of the pre-dawn spins with Tripper and I started to ruminate why he isn’t in here? I caught up with him in the locker room and he explained that there were no breaks in CSI.  I took that to mean the reason why he chose not to attend. I had that perception at first as well.  I could see his point, but you have to take your own breaks in spin no one gives us breaks there is only the illusion that we are getting one. With Michelle there is no obfuscation it’s full tilt all the way, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take water or pull up for a few moments. It’s all about perception, but generalizations can leave us out of some of the great experiences and the Corso Zone is one of them. Just my opinion Peter, but give it a fresh look you will begin to love CSI for its intensity as well as its design which with your brain you can easily appreciate. 

The Gazelle: It’s a thing of beauty standing still but when it moves its art in motion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment