Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Valerie


To begin with this class was off the Billboard Charts. The discography the Evil Woman chose today was a distinct departure from the AT 40 we are more accustomed to. Valerie may not be her name but to hear that song again was a nice flashback. Did I actually hear some of you singing along? In KSC? Really?   Oh and by the way Tiffany did not originate “I Think We’re Alone Now”. It was Tommy James and the Shondells in 1966. Don and I commiserated this fact after class. He thought he was the only sexagenarian that remembered.   Although I must admit Tiffany did a splendiferous rendition. So much for music history. 

 After so much time off the Schwinn I nearly came out of my shoes I had so much energy and when I spied a bike in the 9:15 I was so tempted to sneak back in to the Lavender Palace but discretion was the better part of my own pandemonium.   Kristen to top herself once again was in some outer space gear that had me enthralled from the 1st pedal stroke. Packed as usual the 8 0’clock was so energetically charged it was palpable. Sound incredible? I don’t think so Mikey and Roy agreed with me in the Boys locker room as they were both shaking their head as to the class’s intensity.  We will remember this session for quite some time. I kid KJ that each class is in the top 5 but today there’s just no doubt about it.   This quite possibly was the best spin class ever. I can almost see Kristen rolling her eyes at me thinking it hyperbole but I don’t think so. 

 Why is KSC SFG? I know it’s Kristen’s charisma and I also think it’s all of us that ride with her. We all have an unspoken communication collectively that almost feels communal. Anyone outside of this room might say “bollocks” but you all know different.  To me KSC is ethereal and the only regret is that I didn’t discover this phenomenon until 3 years ago but I only have today and I will enjoy it for however long it lasts.

Note to Mrs. Bean: I think she is over the fact that you didn’t name her Valerie. Besides we like the name Kristen much better. 


Tommy James and the Shondells: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkMFLUXTEwM







































No comments:

Post a Comment