Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Secret 7:30


Secret? Ah yeah….no.  Had it not been for Mary (the Angel) McCann who suggested I take the Wednesday 730 am class with Dana Varela Mancini I would never have heard of this time slot. I didn’t think it even existed on the schedule. Although it seems to have been going on beneath my very nose for quite some time now.  Maybe just maybe it won’t be a secret any longer. Wait…does that mean I have to get up at 530 on Tuesday’s to sign in? Hold on thar Baba Looey! I have my fill of that for KJ. I need my sleep man!  

What hits me about young Dana is how she is so self-effacing. I like that and her humility personifies who she is as well. But here’s the bigger thing she doesn’t have to make a name for herself she already is herself, one great personality. Does that make sense? There is no need to distinguish from anybody else on KJ’s remarkable staff. She fits her own glove. 

Her discography is original, thoughtful and it feels as if one song segues into another. She’s got that sensory deprivation thing going on which I think is her own “thing” which gives her sort of a trademark or iconic character to her rides. She is aggressively shy and if you need a definition of that ask me. She is really awesome in the words of my friend Roy. He thinks she is one special talent. I have to agree else why would I be writing about her?  How is that much energy encapsulated in what 40 kilos? 

The Secret 730. Can we please keep this quiet and not blab it all over EQ? Por Favor?

P.S.
I asked DVM for a picture and she said to use the one on FB. What? You can't see your face I said. I took matters into my own hand. Any complaints?  






No comments:

Post a Comment