Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My Last Entry


This year more so than the previous 2 was an antithetical one. The emotionally heart-wrenching passing of Kristen’s dad was deeply sorrowful and it  touched us all.  That particular event seemed to galvanize the whole Lavender Palace closer beyond the proximity of our Schwinn’s.  We changed collectively and from this writer’s view so did KJ. I have suggested in a previous post this past summer how the spirit of her Dad now inhabits her persona and in almost every word that flows so elegantly from her vocal chords.  

Personally like the opening line from A Tale of Two Cities: “It Was the Best of Times it Was the Worst of Times.” That one sentence from the Charles Dickens tome encapsulated the roller coaster like track I took. We are the engineers of our own lives and sometimes I used a hammer when a screwdriver was the right tool.  I also know that unconsciously we bring ourselves to the place we really want to be. And it is also said that the road to hell is paved with good intention but often the undesired outcome was the only logical one we arrive at.  

Kristen’s Spin Class changed my life beyond my wildest dreams and other than my 23+ years sobriety no other group inspiration has touched me as deeply. I am forever grateful for these experiential rides. 

My Last Entry for 2012.  

P.S. This is No. 444. I never thought I would still be writing this blog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment