Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Star is Born


I could have called this entry: Sensory Deprivation Part II but whatever the title the 8 am was for me a breakthrough spin class with Dana Mancini.  I have been following her from a distance since her arrival and although I liked her immediately Ms. Mancini is now on an exponential curve of becoming one of EQ’s truly exceptional talents.  

In the business of spin in order for you to attract full studios you have to have something extraordinary for the riders to keep coming back again and again. Kristen has it, Tripp has it and Dana Mancini has it too!  

The lithesome Mancini has a physicality that belies her athleticism. How can so much power be contained in that package?  She is indefatigable and brings a relentless spirit that truly inspires.  She also has those iconic phrases like: “Hit the Gas” that makes this old boy truly go.  But what really has me captivated is that sensory deprivation thing. I was asking David in the locker room if I was crazy. He said he knew what I was talking about. What I experience is twofold. When I close my eyes as per her suggestion all my other senses get heightened on the task at hand which is a more powerful pedal stroke. But when I open my eyes I feel like I am descending into my body as if I had risen above it when I had my eyes closed. This makes the ride truly experiential for me. 

Her discography is  unique as well reaching back in time before she was born to the present day with just the right amount of remixes thrown in for good measure.  In hindsight I am glad I wasn’t permitted to go to Summit New Jersey because I had my own summit to climb right here.  Dana Mancini I am truly impressed with you young woman.  



No comments:

Post a Comment