Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Kristen Science Level 42


I had to make today’s class because for the next 3 days the Queen of Spin is out of town. She deserves a rest the way she works but we will miss her nonetheless. No one can replace her but the substitutes will surely have to bring their A game because KJ is a tough act to follow. 

It’s not often but lately the sound system has been giving our Group Fitness leader fits. Today it was something in her microphone and at the end of class I think she concluded it was maybe a radio station horning in on our proceedings. Nevertheless I love watching her tinker with electronics it shows her vulnerable side but to her credit she didn’t let it fluster her one iota but its all good as new age cliché goes. 

No one gives us a science lesson better than she and I have learned more things about my working parts than I ever did in Biology class and she has the credentials we can rely on. Her expertise puts us on the right path and gives us practical solutions on how to develop a very fit anatomy. Today I concentrated on pushing down on the heel and it was a conscious effort I had to exert because the balance of the pedal in the spin shoe seems to have my toes pointed down. Although with a little concentration I was able to accomplish that for a time.  

Some of the regulars were absent but a packed studio it was as per usual. It’s good to see some new faces because it gives them a chance to sample what everyone talks about.  There must be a reason her class fills out in 4 seconds. Just sayin’  

 









No comments:

Post a Comment