Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, June 1, 2012

TM


Subtle changes are what make spin class fresh because permutations are what we crave when we are limited to one motion. Of course this is Kristen’s Spin Class and ennui is not an adjective I’d ever use but when Evil Woman makes it more challenging I can answer for all of us, we’re all IN.  

Yesterday Kristen had us up in #3 and for what seemed like an indeterminate amount of time. Maybe it was 90 seconds or even two minutes but in that one interval I have never in all the classes I’ve taken given more effort or believed I was capable of more effort. Somehow some way she brings me to levels not experienced in half a lifetime. She transports me back to my marathon days and although I am not capable of 6 minute per mile marathons anymore the feeling of accomplishment is just as genuine.  

We are always training here because there is no race no competition except of course within ourselves. This is a transcendental exercise and although there is no mantra like OM I still feel that this empiricism is like a primordial vibration. I could be in the Himalayas or on the beaches of Rio while still here in the Lavender Palace. I take a trip from what was to what can be.  






No comments:

Post a Comment