Kristen's Spin Class

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Take Me to Your Best Friends House


 Sunday is the proverbial day of rest.  Even the Evil Woman takes off on Sunday. NOT!  One of her staff urgently needed someone to sub for her and who filled in? The Queen of Spin that’s who!  I have been to Great Neck a few times when spinning with Tripp but this was a first for me to have Kristen atop Schwinn #1. 

It was eminently noticeable inside the GN studio that Woodbury EQ had crashed the party and the boys were talking about it in the locker room later.  But no matter they enjoy Peter Rothermel so their success belongs partly to us as well.  

I got there late and Dana Mancini had the last bike but she graciously exited to let me ride and I thank the lithesome beauty for doing so.  Some notables from Woodbury were there for both classes including the irrepressible Don Berman who was wearing a constant smile especially when he glanced over at you know who. 

And then there was me in the first row an arms length from Kristen. I tried to give her visual space as much as I could because we were almost in perfect alignment but its hard not to look at a woman that inspires me in much of my writing and of course on this 2 ½ year road back to fitness that I am experiencing.  I am constructing a story about her even though I have written over 400 posts here. I think I will call it: Kristen James A Riders Perspective.  

And what about the ride? Wow!  First off I was exceedingly shocked that the first 5 selections of her album were all songs that I actually like especially when she led off with Take Me to Your Best Friends House. And I can’t figure what the hell she has done but her ride has taken on a new dimension and I am moving the pedal stroke like never before and every ride seems ethereal it’s the only word that seems to fit.  Fantastic Sunday I am so glad I kicked my butt out of bed this morning.

Take Me to Your Best Friends House (Tongue Tied)
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x1wjGKHjBI&feature=related 



No comments:

Post a Comment