Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Let's Go!


Did anyone ever think they could take it easy in Kristen’s Spin Class? I gave up that ghost a long time ago and I just rely on letting my body make the decision if it’s up to the challenge. Nature tells me when it’s time to hit her 8:30 or 9:45.  She asked me jokingly if I was cheating on her again. It had been more than a week since I had clipped in and was not going to miss her  8:30.  Its comments like that that give the Evil Woman her innate charm and appeal because she brings a singular personality to the stage every single morning. Those personal ‘shouts’ make everyone feel so inclusive in her class and its authentic, which makes it all the more viscerally satisfying.  

As I sample more and more of her ‘elite’ talent pool in group exercise I want to be two men so I can experience total body movement and exercise each and every muscle in this sexagenarian’s frame. 

I hear one of our members is in the running to become a spin instructor inside the Lavender Palace. I know that just this past weekend David Cooper (Coop-The Illustrated Man) auditioned for the part before the Queen and her court of trusted advisors. Good Luck Coop we will be pulling for you. I asked him why he wanted this position so badly.  He told me that he thought he brought a unique presence to the room. Whether it is his choice of music or his down to earth philosophy that we members can identify with so strongly, who is to say. I think that Coop by his size alone helps those Supermen types like he a place alongside our lithesome talented instructors. We need a Charles Atlas type. It’s time.  Just my opinion.  

I love that song: Take Me to Your Best Friends House. I was playing it all day out and back to Greenport.  


Take Me to your Best Friend’s House: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f6Cc8Kl0I0



1 comment: