Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, June 8, 2012

XLR8!


Where do I find the superlatives to describe what I just did in this class today? I am a bit jaded because it seemed to me a new group exercise program appeared almost monthly at our club like a changing marquee at the movie theater.  And I usually dismissed all of them in a perfunctory fashion. But after Met Con on Monday night with Dana I knew that it was time for me to diversify my workouts from 100% spin. It made sense or so it seemed. 

 I have been hearing about Rocky Ribacoff for more than a year. Jack you gotta take Rocky’s class! What time is it I would ask? 6 am was the reply.  AYKM? 6 am? No way! Well today it was WAY!  

I have caught brief glances of this young woman in the vicinity of the front desk on several occasions. She always had a smile gracing her lovely countenance and an effervescent personality doesn’t begin to describe this charismatic personality. Below I reprinted her bio from the EQ website and it was illuminating to say the least. 

What happened though one might ask?  It was KILLER! This class is a total immersion into the anaerobic zone and only minutes in I was sucking wind. Running, crawling, jumping and what seemed like a modified line dance were just some of the routines Rocky guided us through. We were up and down the club stairs and the segments in the parking lot were not to be believed. 

Rocky Ribacoff is  yet another STAR in the Constellation Equinox. Kristen James has assembled and all-star cast in every segment of group exercise






Rocky Ribacoff is a highly motivated and dedicated instructor with a true passion for what she does! Rocky won the title of Long Island's Fittest Woman 2007, and was voted Best Personal Trainer 2008 by The Long Island Press. She has appeared in numerous fitness DVDs, television segments, and has been involved in special projects with NIKE. In addition to group fitness and personal training Rocky is also prenatal certified. *

*Reprinted from My EQ.  



3 comments:

  1. We are so proud of our daughter Raquel,she is the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed you should be proud. She is not only gifted but her charisma is a wonder to behold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raquel has the charisma of her mother and the sports life of her father

      Delete