Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Where Have You Been All My Life?


There are days when something extraordinary takes place in the Lavender Palace that supervene even the best of the best spin classes with the Evil Woman, Kristen James. 
At all costs I try to avoid hyperbole but the chi today felt like a hard rain that descended and touched our cheeks with a camaraderie that you’re not going to find anywhere else.  

Bedecked in lavender tights and black designer top she iced her beauty with a striped matching headband and a beaming smile throughout our ride that gave us the impetus each time she flashed her ivories. I am increasingly becoming at a loss to describe her ride it just gets better and better. I find myself feeding off the energy that erupts every hour we all spin together. Seeing those familiar (and unfamiliar) faces like Mary McCann, Cindy (SP), Jason, Roy, and Nancy Kaplan fill me with pride that I am apart of something special every time I clip in. 

Usually I am over the top vocal in Tripper’s sessions and it took quite some time to become vociferous in the Queen’s class because well you just don’t do that here. However shy as I am I have allowed my true feelings to escape and take my chances come what may and now I actually think she likes it. This morning however she lied to us when a Michael Jackson snippet started to play and as I expressed my chagrin she echoed back that it was for "only 40 seconds John". FIB! I will play Ed McMahon anytime with her and amidst the most challenging of times she shines brighter now than ever before.  I am having a blast in KSC.  

Where have you been all my life? Just look around they’re all here right now.  





No comments:

Post a Comment