Kristen's Spin Class

Friday, October 14, 2011

The Young Lion


I haven’t left contrary to popular belief. I have just been busy these past few weeks. On Wednesday with the absence of Kristen I elected to do a Napoleon Solo* around 4 PM. I was kicking my butt as best I knew how and just tried to simulate the call of our fearless leader. No easy task I can assure you but I was determined to get a cardio workout in so I tried counting pedal strokes (not exactly a fun thing) and pushing the resistance wheel up a ¼ turn for a 60 count up in #3 and 60 seated.  Some of our excellent MAINTAIN staff was hard at work tightening and tuning our beloved Schwinn’s where most often they function as they were part of our shoes.  

Lo and behold however at about 4:20 I see Young Atlas make an appearance for a 4:30 I didn’t even consider was on the schedule. I was more than grateful to see about 20 of you file in and pick up the slack in my unmotivated ride.  I have said it before this young man has been schooled well, very well.  Kristen has a great young lion here.  

As I finished my ride I thought I really did wish I could be two people and experience more than just Kristen and Tripp but for now it will be just the occasion like Wednesday that afforded me the luxury of being with Young Atlas.  

I think I had the flu with chills and fever and hope to make Saturday even though I will be on the L line for the 9:15

*Napoleon Solo- Spinning alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment