Kristen's Spin Class

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Across the Mid Line


The challenge of spin has helped me drop twenty pounds since May and the key might be more dietary than just how hard my effort in the pedal stroke is. When I got on that scale after class I was astonished how far left I am pushing that sliding bar.   Avoiding those empty calories at night could be pivotal along with the end of drinking diet soda. I think there just might be a conspiracy theory about such drinks because although they carry no caloric weight the secret ingredient might be that it increases your appetite for those heavily laden fat foods like Five Guys and Golden French Fries. Just sayin’. If I had listened to Kristen at the outset I would have arrived at this revelation sooner but I just wasn’t ready until now.  

Talking to David (he’s usually in #6) in the men’s locker room and he agreed with me that KSC has taken on a new dimension in terms of the degree of difficulty so having said that I know that I am not alone. And now 21 months in I can actually say that I am starting to feel fit. And I have not been in this zone since my feet were hitting the pavement on a regular basis. Which for me is eons ago. 

And how dumb am I? Don’t answer that! But why did it take me so long to figure out that I could cross the mid line of the bike with each pedal stroke? Left, right, left right.  Just a small shift to either side of the mid line of the Schwinn has given me and added boost of strength and probably affords me an even higher RPM which has always bedeviled me.    




No comments:

Post a Comment