Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Thread of Time


The lights and A/C are on again and it almost felt incongruous to have these often taken for granted creature comforts back functioning. But this was just a passing thought because it was time for KSC again and Kristen after being on vacation (which could hardly be called one) was back looking really good for the emblematic 830 Thursday. 

Gone were the thoughts of frivolity in this man’s mind because it was back to #3 and for the most part I have to keep my mouth shut because I just know despite the fact that I have permission you don’t act up in KSC.  And as we got underway I was glad to see Stacy Sable next to me because I feel like a neophyte when I am alongside this athlete. Her piercing green eyes notwithstanding this young woman is always on a mission when she sits atop her Schwinn. She is silent, focused and has a textbook pedal stroke that I try to model because she seems to have just the right resistance on whether we are on a flat or are on a daunting hill climb. Stacy Tucker Sable a woman that I admire and am always glad to see in #4 next to me. 

After class I got a quick lesson in what the color periwinkle was which is in the blue-violet family from another Stacie who was just a newlywed to Peter.  Little do I keep track of time because next month I think that ideal couple will celebrate their 1st anniversary?  God how the year has rushed by.  

As the hour slipped away I felt a sense of nostalgia because for the first summer in eons I was just as active outside as I am in the Lavender Palace. Every moment of my life is precious and I do not intend to waste a minute of it. 

P.S.
As we were pushing up that elephant up the  hill I could almost feel the weight of that pachyderm


Jack Briant Reporter:  http://jackbriant.blogspot.com/2011/09/language-of-love.html








No comments:

Post a Comment