Kristen's Spin Class

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Barbara Bean Adieu


When we lose loved ones we become fully associated with the life that just passed. I remember when my paternal Grandfather passed it was like I lost part of my youth and all of my boyhood memories came flooding back to me as my eyes instantly filled with tears.  We of course are crying as much for ourselves as we are for our loving departed member.

 My grandfather joked until the very end suggesting on his deathbed in an oxygen tent that my father light him a cigarette. When my dad told him that an explosion would ensue my beloved Poppy told him: Take a chance.  His humor never left him even as he faced death. 

Kristen shared with us the passing of her Paternal Grandmother who lived until she was 88. When she vocalized it today in class it felt like she gave herself room to grieve with us all and still put on a her usual stellar performance for the 830 Thursday. Some might have opted out and taken a grievance day but not Ms. James. I think it was her way of celebrating her Grandmothers life rather than her passing. I may be wrong but as she played the David Guetta song: Without You she shared with us her sweat and her tears.  

Barbara Bean  Adieu 

David Guetta: Without You 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOTD_y-4Zyo



No comments:

Post a Comment