Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Arctic Zone


It’s Saturday and it must be time for KSC. And I hate to give such secrets away but bike #25 is perfectly tuned in terms of the pedal stroke and the red resistance wheel was smooth as silk.  Which brings me to the thought that I don’t pay enough homage to those that service these Schwinn’s and I do so right now. What we do to those bikes based on how we ride presents no small task to the technicians that keep them up to our speed for each session. Too often we only hear the complaints and I am just as guilty as anyone. Nonetheless I thank you one and all. We do have the most conscientious “Maintain” staff here at EQ and I try to acknowledge them everyday because without them we don’t have the immaculate conditions we all enjoy and rely on.  

My young friends Ari (sans Lizzie) and Deepak were here today and it is good to see the young Lions taking on the Queen of Spin in the most grueling of exercise sessions on Long Island.  Often I see those scrunched up expressions as the effort is ramped up in this class and I can hear Kristen’s words echoing urging us to relax our face muscles because we don’t ride with our face. Sometimes nonetheless we must be consciously aware what our body tries to tell us even though it serves no purpose. Better we ease up on the resistance wheel than engage in torture in areas that do not serve us.  

We do feed off each other’s energy as KJ exclaimed today and people are watching us and that is why we give the kind of effort we do and engage in the integrity she often speaks about.  







No comments:

Post a Comment