Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Treat Me Right


It’s not often I do a double dip of Tripp and Kristen but today seemed apropos because I skipped the club entirely yesterday. And I thought I could manage my pedal stroke to stretch my endurance over two sessions but as is my wont I get caught up in my own frenzy and the best laid plans usually go for naught.   Add to the mix that I am rarely logical when it comes to these two and today as the last 15 minutes of KSC were upon me, my knee started to ache and my Gator Ade was just not enough to carry me through. The fruit dish at home is usually filled with bananas but today it was empty and therefore so was my stomach.  You would think I would learn after two episodes of light headedness but as active and motivated as I am I can be extraordinarily lazy.  I can hear Kristen admonishing me right now.  

You have to love it Mark in front of me was pedaling like a mad man and the Evil Woman had us on a climb at 65 RPM’s and she called him out on it and he soon realized he didn’t have enough road on. This is what a great coach does, she doesn’t use mamby pamby tactics she gets right in your face with a smile and restores order to your session. The membership price here is chump change when you realize we get trainers with Masters degree in exercise physiology.  




4 comments:

  1. You don't need a masters degree to tell when someone is on a different road, then the one your teaching. The truth is, that most classes taught should be endurance. Interval and strength once a week. The bottom line is that if you don't wear a HR monitor, how do you know how hard your working. Someone who is spinning very fast with no resistance, our someone very slow with not that big of a hill are probably not working as hard as they think. If you'd doing a breathless ride, you should get breathless at least 3 to 4 times during the class. Know your HR zones and monitor yourself and get a better workout. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you don't but how many instructors would have the moxie to take them up on it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you don't take care of your body first your body will fail you. You know better. Especially at this point in time you can't afford to have your body give out on you. Be careful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking it to the limit was the way I ran marathons and I always felt I needed to train harder and now that my body is 60 I have to make sure I use unleaded gas whenever I jump in the saddle.

    ReplyDelete