Kristen's Spin Class

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Touch the Sky


The Evil Woman has stepped up her game as I have noted recently and who knows what her seminal moment was that precipitated it. Maybe it was just nascent and it was time for the next chapter in her ongoing repertoire that never stands still.  She has even changed her stretching routine and it has lost all signs of being formulaic. And she has even abandoned the word “flexibility” and inserted  “mobility” in its place. This makes sense too because when I think of flexibility it’s not me and in my mind it belongs to yoga experts or members of the circus.  So mobility is something that I can truly embrace and not lament about.  I will never ever be flexible unless I was willing to invest time that I just don’t have time for or more likely won’t make time for.

When I enter the CS now   I am taken back in a headlong rush to those days of yesteryear when I was training for a long distance race or my favorite run; the marathon. It was not so much as the competition with the other runners that fueled me but their unspoken camaraderie of being in the same environs of wanting to get in better shape and best the time before that made it so thrilling.  Tis’ how I feel about the spinning regimen it takes me back and moves me forward at the same time. One thing is different however, and that is I never got to know many people even in a cursory way when I ran. Today that’s different. Maybe because I am older and a bit wiser because imagined or not I feel a kinship to all of you and that’s not hyperbole, it’s real because when I’m there I touch the sky.  

I hope that I did justice to Peter Rothermel. I wrote from my heart rather than trying to capture this extraordinary man’s bio.  I feel we will lose him one day because like Kristen we can’t hold on to talent for too long we have to share them with the rest of the  world but our memory will never fade no matter what life journey they find themselves on.  

Sincerely,
John McQueen but some people know me as Jack.  





  



3 comments:

  1. You will never be flexible? Is that regarding yiour bodily limbs or your attitude and opinions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My attitude is constantly changing and my opinions are just that opinions. Why do you ask? I guess it's affirmative to the former that I don't think I will ever be flexible in my limbs. My bodily functions have no place in a spin blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mr jack Briant very well said,very well spoken,the mind of jack is a imaginative one ,one of mystery and suspense.The words of Jack are incredible and the power of his soul will overcome someone from the past or future. Jack hmmm who is Jack,,I bet I know the soul and yes he is very Flexxible....you have no idea just how flexible.....Anonymous person said he will never be,,think again about Jack,,,,

    ReplyDelete