Kristen's Spin Class

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Big Dogs


After a double spin in EQ Scarsdale and the Printing House this past weekend I have in my estimation concluded that no one comes even close to the strength and stamina of our members in EQ Woodbury. One might say that I am biased, but I assure you I would have simply given deference to the other franchises if I even thought the reverse was true. There is just no comparison and without the benefit of taking these trips I probably might have concluded just the opposite that Manhattanites would naturally be more athletic than us hicks in the sticks. Well my friends we simply kick ass and as I watched several riders during the PH session many of them simply were quitting before the road was done. You know this does not happen in KSC. We are the big dogs. 

I hate Mondays ordinarily but with KSC the first day of the workweek has a different look when this hour is concluded. I have my Zen for the day and am ready to run roughshod over any negativity that might be hiding in the weeds once I walk out those glass doors. I clip in and any thought that I am going to be a bystander in life’s proceedings for the day disappears. I used to feel exactly the same after my 10-mile runs every morning starting at 530 am. When I got on the train for the city I felt sorry for those that just crawled out of bed and used caffeine as their wake up alarm.  

Kristen at one point had us driving on a challenging road and at its conclusion she seemed to almost stop for a split second as if to say did I really get them to do that? As serious as she is she also cognizant that we are following her down that treacherously steep double black diamond slope complete with plenty of ice and moguls. We don’t slide down on our keisters we take it at full force and if we do fall we get right back up and attack the hill.   



No comments:

Post a Comment