Kristen's Spin Class

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

At Random


From Mark Nepo’s incredibly daily inspirational  book, he talked about the original meaning of this phrase: At Random. It is the moment when a horse at full speed has all four hooves off the ground. He says that random is the mystery of unbridled passion and the lift that comes with surrender and total immersion. In the present, the meaning of random means without design, purpose or method. Now when I hear this word it is Michelle Corso that will come to mind instead.  

As graceful as a gazelle and a physiology to match Michelle Corso is the embodiment of exercise in its true form. Her body is a temple because in order to maintain her 8th wonder of the world form she must have a reverence as to what she ingests. She has to have a design in her diet because unlike me who has little regard for my daily regimen, Michelle needs rocket fuel to move at the grace and speed this woman does. 

It has been awhile since I have taken a class with the Silver Bullet and that is my lament because she may not be as boisterous in her call as some of our stars,  but make no mistake she is learned, astute and passionate about her craft. I shake my head in wonderment when I look at her. And when she exclaims: Yes? You know that I am compelled to answer in a loud affirmative. 

Her musical selections are merely background because the main focus is what she says even though you must listen intently to pick up the subtlety of it.  She like Kristen has a plan which is not only well thought out it has an artistry to  it.  

At random, and  what I see now in my minds eye is  the female animal in the form of perfection. If you want to ride her session prepare for a headlong journey that will challenge your spirit as well as your fitness.  



No comments:

Post a Comment