Kristen's Spin Class

Sunday, February 14, 2010

One Step Beyond


Today I tried to simulate a class by myself in our CS and found that I had taken it one step beyond. I have been pushing the envelope lately seeing just how far I can take this out of breath thing and today I added one more cloud in my anaerobic sky.

I didn’t have our favorite instructor but I pretended she was up there in cycle 41 anyway. I relied on the clock for my intervals and that seemed to work for me. I used this session as a bolster for the two regular classes I take during the week. I want to commit to twice a week and leaving one to myself gives me the impetus to add one more down the line. However, I want to take human bites and still be able to come up for air if I need to.

Spinning allows me to revisit my running past without the wear and tear on my knees. In fact my knees are probably in the best shape of my life since I started this regimen. And KG’s quick stretch at the end of each session is not something I miss, as it seems to make all the difference when I bound downstairs to the waiting hot shower.

So its not as much fun without all my cycle mates and our leader but it feels like these extra sessions will make my other two even more powerful. And the new bikes are coming I almost can’t wait for that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment